[nflug] back and running + DVD burners

Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Wed Nov 29 09:48:12 EST 2006

Darin Perusich wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> sorry about that little distribution in service, the domain expired and
> network solution never sent me a message stating such. just another
> reason to drop them and move to godaddy i guess, something which i'll be
> doing around this time next year. i've already scheduled a reminder to
> myself so this doesn't happen again.

Oh wow. I heard that if you sign up for a long-term godaddy account,
they'll send Candice Michelle to do car washes for a couple hours.
Maybe we can schedule this for a meeting during the summer??
      :P
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/superbowl05/download.asp?se=%2B
check under "Go Daddy Girl"
BTW, I more closely resemble the old git at the end of the commercial
than the guy who gets the full treatment!!!

Seriously, though: Thanks for doing the work for the list, Darin.

ALSO:
RE: DVDburner

I've been using a Liteon DVD-dual  for a while now, and it seems to work
as well under Linux as any burner I ever used under M$ OS's.
No lightscribing feature though.

I buy Taiyo Yuden CDs on-line that have a nice white coating on the top
--looks like a blank sheet of paper.  "Sharpies"  do a good job of
labeling on them.  However, my hand lettering is a far cry from the
professional crispness of a laser-burnt label.

Question for those with lightscribes: as far as CD & DVD blanks are
concerned, what kind of price difference is there for the
light-scribe-able ones?

--John