[nflug] CD playing problem

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Jul 24 14:19:47 EDT 2006

joshj at linuxmail.org wrote:
> I recently got a new sound card. There is no place for the 'analog
> cable' to connect from my cdrom to the card. I can play cd's in xmms
> by configuring the CD input driver to do digital extraction. But I can
> no longer use wmcdplay (my favorite). I do know about wmxmms, but I
> just don't like it. Does anyone know of a way that other apps (ex.
> wmcdplay) could do this transparently? Because wmcdplay doesn't have
> an option to do this. It assumes that it can play straight from the
> cdrom.
>
> Thanks
> -Josh

I like gxine but the playlist is a pain where in it won't read the
entire cd on load, but if you start gxine then from within it click play
cd, all is well and you can get a cool graphical display while your at it.
I really don't deal with this stuff anymore because I ripped all my cd's
and put all my songs on my local network. When I want to hear tunes I
just play them via nfs from any pc in the house and inside mythtv, it is
awesome!