[nflug] CD playing problem

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Mon Jul 24 14:10:05 EDT 2006

I recently got a new sound card. There is no place for the 'analog cable'
to connect from my cdrom to the card. I can play cd's in xmms by
configuring the CD input driver to do digital extraction. But I can no
longer use wmcdplay (my favorite). I do know about wmxmms, but I just
don't like it. Does anyone know of a way that other apps (ex. wmcdplay)
could do this transparently? Because wmcdplay doesn't have an option to do
this. It assumes that it can play straight from the cdrom.

Thanks
-Josh