[nflug] deluge bit torrent parameters

SilverBear silverbear1 at sblinux.org
Sun Jan 4 01:54:06 EST 2009

Hi Joe.

Actually, bandwidth setting could be the issue. My websurfing and that of the family computer on the same router/DSL line improved markedly when I throttled back UL speed.   TCP/IP needs to upload packets  in order to download packets, so choked UL bandwidth can definitely hamper DL bandwidth.  See this page for calculating your settings:
http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

I used Deluge for about a year, in preference to KTorrent or Azureus.  Lately I'm liking Transmission.
Light-weight, and it doesn't lock up or crash as often as Deluge was doing. I started using it in Pardus, but Now I'm running it in Mepis and Ubuntu as well --no problems so far, after about two-three months.

John