[nflug] Ubuntu 8.10...

Joseph M. LaVigne joe at hits-buffalo.com
Thu Oct 30 20:08:26 EDT 2008

It sure does.  Some people (myself included) prefer to do clean installs
instead of upgrades, but the option is there.  And a lot of people
download the disc because they might not have the bandwith to do the
upgrade online (which could take a long time, depending on your
connection speed).

I have done dist upgrades through the update manager, and it works fine,
but I tinker a LOT, and have many things installed that may not come
with the distribution, so I keep a separate /home partition and do a
fresh install, then install my apps...