[nflug] centOS 5

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Nov 11 12:34:02 EST 2007

Yep, got ya down for Tuesday. Fedora started defaulting to LVM with Core
2, the same time it introduced the 2.6 kernel....ah Fedora, always a
roller coaster ride. LVM is powerful and like anything powerful, you can
really hose things if you don't know what your doing. I used LVM all the
time with Fedora as I swore the systems ran faster but that was just a
feeling, did no real bench marking. I stopped using it when we switched
to Ubuntu. I found it to be more of a waste, unless your going to string
drives together, I see no real advantage.

eric at bootz.us wrote:
> I agree.  I have it set to permissive so I don't think it's doing
> anything except complaining.
>
> funnything... the default settings for centOS are to LVM partition, I
> guess I'll have to get some smarts ...anyone got some for sale?  See
> you Tues Pete.
>
> Quoting "David J. Andruczyk" <djandruczyk at yahoo.com>:
>
>> I've found selinux to be more of a pain in the ass
>> than anything else..
>>
>> disable it via editing /etc/selinux/config.  The file
>> should be commented.
>>

>> --- eric <eric at bootz.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Just installed centOS 5 horde suite and all the
>>> extra gadgets rootkit
>>> checkers, firewall everything looks good cept a
>>> couple of complaints
>>> SELinux is  logging...
>>> SELinux is telling me that spamassassin is trying to
>>> access potentially
>>> mislabeled files:
>>> they are spamassassin"some_long_string" it appears
>>> to be email messages
>>> marked as spam by spamassassin-sessions?
>>> And this is probably ok right?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eric