[nflug] KDE Panel AWOL

John G. Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Mon Jan 29 14:54:15 EST 2007

David Mangani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I generally use gnome but decided to take a look at the 'newer" KDE
> I think I d'loaded 3.5.5. Its the latest available thru Ubuntu's
> repositories. Here is my question. I was playing around with
> transparencies and such for the panel and now my panel is totally
> gone. I have all of my desktop icons but I can not access any of the
> applications, menu's or such. I'm not sure how to access the system
> controls to reset the transparency option which obviously isn't
> working right. Any ideas short of a reinstall of KDE? If I knew the
> command for the "control center?" application I could start it from a
> terminal.
>
> TIA
> Dave

Hi, Dave.

Try this:
Right-click anywhere on the wallpaper part of the desktop, and choose
"configure desktop"  from the drop down menu.

Then under "behavior" you can set the left-click mouse to open your
applications menu.

Then you will at least not be totally locked out.

I'll poke around and see what further might need doing, but that should
get you started.

John