[nflug] Mame Distribution

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Thu Jun 8 14:24:23 EDT 2006

Thanks for the input. I'm already at 2.6.16.

Can't use the nvidia driver (or at least it doesn't matter) because I'm
running mame as framebuffer (nvidia binary driver is the X driver, as far as
I know, only the standard kernel module nvidiafb exists)

I could try ALSA to OSS, but frankly slackware is never really up to date
with not just alsa/oss/fb stuff, but what I'm real concerned with is the
libaries, which is what I think the problem is. The problem I'm having is
simply hard hangs..not all the time but sometimes well about 75% of the time
when certain symptoms appear...long story.

It's not worth trying to delve into it when just a simple install of a more
up to date desktop distro will fix everything. It's a stand-alone mame
cabinet. Never going to touch it again. It's not even networked.