#nflug on EFnet

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Thu Sep 18 17:49:23 EDT 2003

The bots can have just about anything if you add decent tcl scripts to
them.  Mine, at this moment, have some custom made scripts and other
'fun' stuff.  Mine are running eggdrop1.6.15 with various scripts. They
share userfiles, so if one goes down, the other is still able to op,
etc.  They're on two different linux boxes, so they'll rarely experience
downtime at the same time, and if you want, add yours to the group, and
you'll have less downtime where a bot is missing due to netsplits or
other net problems.

One has an entertainment script added which I've added to over time.
Both have scripts for op/admin controls, such as "mass notes"
(mass-mailing via .note) for certain flagged users (".flagnote +o"
leaves a note for all global ops, '.flagnote +o channel' leaves a note
for all channel ops, etc).  Both also have scripts for doing odd things,
like .opme via dcc chat will op the person, rather than having to type
'.op <name> <#channel>'.  I also have many other scripts I don't utilize
on these two bots, but are implemented on other bots such as
cross-network chat display, etc.

If you're looking for something in particular let me know.  I have all
kinds of addons, modules and scripts.  Some are downloaded, modified,
and/or customized to fit different channels needs.

My IRCd is an EFnet Hybrid 7 daemon, which has TCM (not online atm) and
Network Services. such as MemoServ, OperServ, ChanServ, NickServ, etc.
Other ircd's are welcome to link in, provided certain criteria is met.
If someone is interested in that outside of NFLUG, email me personally.

  - Tony

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */