MySQL problems

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Fri Oct 3 07:41:27 EDT 2003

To use PHP and other programs with MySQL, you'll need the following
packages from MySQL's site:

MySQL-server-4.0.15-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-client-4.0.15-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-4.0.15-0.i386.rpm

If you want PHP to work by using the default RedHat RPM's, then you'll
need the following to satisfy dependencies looking for the old 3.23.x
libraries:
MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.15-0.i386.rpm

If you decide to compile PHP and other programs to locate and find
MySQL, you'll need the devel package:
MySQL-devel-4.0.15-0.i386.rpm

I installed all 5 on my system, replacing the old RH rpm's that came
with the distro.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */