And more backup

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 23:35:32 EDT 2003

When I finally got back into my server and ran teh tar dvf /dev/st0 to compare
teh tape archive with the fs All the files end with "Warnign, can't stat : no
such file or directory"  Is the tape corrupt ?  SHoudl I just run tar again.

The RH guide at LDP suggests using mt -f /dev/st0 rewind to control the tape.
Where can I get mt and what is it I having trouble finding it in a Mandrake
package...

Also if tape is corrupt how do I erase it completely or does startin a new TAR
just overwrite anythign that was there?

TIA

JJN